The days of going to a palatial bath house to socialize might be over, but convening in water is still popular, especially in the form of jacuzzis and hot tubs.
Whether you're at a friend's house, soaking in the jacuzzi with friends over a beer, or at the gym after a long workout, there is etiquette to follow to ensure that everyone is comfortable and safe.
Here are some general tips and guidelines to keep in mind when you share the water with friends:
1) Rinse Your Swimsuit/Swim Trunks in Water: Rinse our your swim clothes in clean tap water before you enter the jacuzzi. This will prevent chemicals and bacteria from being introduced into the water. Also, leftover detergent can make the water foamy.
2) Before you turn up the heat, ask everyone if it's ok. Some people might be sensitive to the heat.
3) Same goes for the jets – be sure the water pressure is comfortable for everyone before you turn those knobs.
4) You can add scented bath salts to make it an even more pleasurable experience – just make sure everyone agrees on the fragrance.
5) Don't eat while soaking.
6) Be extra cautious while drinking that beer or cocktail in the jacuzzi – hot water can vastly increase the ef ects of alcohol.
7) Keep rough housing to a minimum. Terrible things can happen – hair can get tangled in drains and/or jets, and drowning is possible, despite the shallowness of the tub.
8) If you have a young child, be careful that he or she does not have to go to the bathroom before you take him or her into the hot tub
9) Have fun!