- I have been symptom free from psoriasis since I have been using dead sea salts. I have not been able to find dead sea salts in that quantity anywhere. I can't even compare the relief I've had from dead sea salts to the horrible steroid creams I have used in the past. -Joyce, La Grange, CA
- have psoriasis and do salt water baths which give me tremendous relief -Mona, Brookline, MA
- My psoriasis has dramatically improved since soaking in Minera Dead Seat Salts. And my skin is sooooo soft! -Nancy, Titusville, FL
- I have very severe psoriasis. The fine grain Minera bath salts are an invaluable aid in the exfoliation of my skin. -Roanne, Arlington, VA
- I only purchase from your company. I have psoriasis and it is helping to soak in the salt. also the spa blend, lavender which is wonderful. never had such soft sking and the plaques are better. although takes a long time to heal these areas it definately helps. -Elizabeth, Littleton, CO
- I find the pure dead sea salt such a releif for my psoriasis -Maureen, Downers Grove, IL
- I use the dead sea salt for my psoriasis and am so satisfied with the results. I tell anyone who will listens how it has changed my life an is affordable and your company has the best customer service team. -Maria, Chicago, IL
- I have psoriasis and the Dead Sea Salts have kept me symptom free since I started using them 2 years ago. No more steroids creams, just leisurely bath soaks 3 times a week. -Joyce, La Grange, CA
- your dead sea salts saved me from my mysery dealing with psoriasis.......have been soaking in them for a year now and i am in remission......i love the minera dead sea salts.... -Nancy, Titusville, FL
- I use your salts to help treat my Psoriatic Athritis and psoriasis. I would like to see you partner with Psoriasis.org or some other organization to help people like me who need your product. -Robert Vermilion, OH
- I put a bit of the fine dead sea salt in my hand with some hot water and then put it on my face and it clears up my skin and helps keep it less oily. I started this as when I used to swim in the ocean my skin was always clear. It also cleared up my psoriasis on my hands. (tiny little blisters, that popped and dried out) -Anonymous
- I have been buying dead sea salt from you guys for a while to treat my P. you guys make it easy to order and my orders always arrive quickly. Thank you very much from a happy and loyal customer! -Joel Cedar Park, TX
- Really wish I took before/after pictures. It not only helped my daughters ezcema it reduced my cellulite enormously!! I've tried everything on the market and this has done it. I just ordered more!! Hooray for Dead Sea Salt from your company and most importantly thank you!!!!!! -Heather La Quinta, CA
- Thank you for the Free Gift sample of Dead Sea Salt included in my last shipment! ♥ For the past two months, I have taken a Dead Sea salt bath nearly everyday. I use the unscented due to allergies to almost everything! My skin has improved so much, not as irritated and itchy. It's also helped relieve the migraine headaches, sinus pressure, sore muscles, back pain...you get the idea. So much better to take a salt bath than pop some pills! Thanks again SFSC! :) -Debra Woodward, OK
- The salt I buy from your company is a godsend! It is amazing how it does on my 6 year old daughter's very rare skin condition=) From Emily & I, from the bottom of our hearts, Thank you for what you do! -Brandi Staunton, VA
- My name is Matthew, and I have Psoriasis on 80% of my body. I just order 60Lbs of your dead sea salt and it has helped alot. I am very excited to continue this treatment. -Matthew Seattle, WA
- I love your bath salts! I have a horrible skin issue that I have been dealing with for 8 years. Nothing helps it except the ocean itself and your sea salts. I have been to many doctors and been on lots of medication for the skin issue. There was a point in my life that it covered 90 percent of my body, I honestly can not believe I made through all that pain. I have been tested over and over to no avail. I am very happy that I found you. You make my skin more comfortable to live in. -Anonymous
- I have psoriasis and soaking in the Dead Sea Salt really helps to make my skin feel hydrated and less itchy. -Lindsay Eugene, OR
- I am a long time sufferer of psoriasis and Dead Sea Salt helps me get through life more comfortably. I thank San Francisco Bath Salt Company for having bulk rates and free shipping so that I may live my life in less pain and agony than I had previously without it. It is a great blessing in my life. Please, for me and the other sufferers of this awful skin disorder, keep offering this product and service at an affordable price. -Tamirah Des Moines, IA
- I love the dead sea salts. My skin has greatly improved since I've been using it. -Denise, Fredericksburg, VA
- love the product. has helped with my skin condition a great deal as i live in ne pa. and we have cold dry winters. free shipping is great and also pleased with how quickly the order is shipped out. thanks !!! -Kathryn Tunkhannock, PA
- I am very happy to have found your company. My son has psoriasis and dead sea salt has always helped him. -Mary-Ann, Germany
- It is making my psoriasis go away (Dead sea salt) Thank you very much -Matthew, Ormond Beach, FL
- My husband has suffered with psoriasis for Thirty Eight years when it was covering his whole body and we did research on what our options were the injections sounded like the last resort until I found your company we bought our first bag of salt four months ago and we noticed such a difference.so we continued to buy another after we finished that bag he was cleared up and his skin was so soft we tell everyone we can about it . -Sandra, Sunset, TX
- My psoriasis is healed, my doctor knows about your product. -Judith, Winterpark, FL
- I just wanted to say i am extremely pleased with this purchase. The salts arrived in a timely fashion and I used them for the 1st time in my bath last night. Suffering from severe eczema for the last 3 years, nothing has quite helped. After bathing I noticed a considerable difference in my skin. Little to no itching and it looks like the salts have already started healing my arms and legs. Thank you for such a superb product!! Its saved my life! -Suzy Providence, RI
- I love the dead sea minera salt, I purchase this product to soak my 2 year old who as eczema, been using this on her since she was 3 month and is the best natural way to treat her skin condition. Her skin is so smooth it's unbelievable. I have 2 other daughters who had eczema and I wish I knew about SBSC in the past to have been able to treat their skin problem with the Minera Dead Sea Salt. -Jubilee Phoenix, AZ
- The Dead Sea salt has really helped my psoriasis. I have struggled with it for over twenty years and this is the natural remedy that has brought me any relief. -Craig Chattanooga, TN
I buy it for my wife she has psorisis and we been through the mill looking for a cure. This is the best cure for the money, and believe we spent a small fortune on light treatments ,injections pills this by far is the cure.It's this or move to the sea shore, to be near the ocean. -James, Pittsburgh, PA
This is the 2nd time I have purchased Dead Sea salts for my son who has psoarisis. Compared to prescription medications ( oral and topical) , a Dead Sea salt bath provides immediate relief from itching and faster healing -Judy, Uintah, UT
How It Works
Natural, unprocessed Dead Sea Salts differ from regular sea salts because they contain a very high percentage of beneficial minerals that can be absorbed through the skin. Just to give you an idea of how they differ from common seal salts, salts from the Pacific Ocean typically consist of 98 – 99% sodium chloride, Dead Sea Salt contains only 5% sodium chloride, the rest of the salt is made up of beneficial minerals such as magnesium & potassium. When Dead Sea Salts are added to bath water, or used in other treatments such as wraps, these minerals can be absorbed through the skin. The minerals work in a variety of ways to improve skin health, speed healing, relieve itching and reduce redness. See the "HEALING PROPERTIES" tab for mineral breakdowns of Dead Sea Salt.
Several studies have been conducted to test the effectiveness of Dead Sea Salt in treating Psoriasis. These studies have shown that a high percentage of psoriasis sufferers benefit from a regular treatment program using Dead Sea Salt. See the "CONTROLLED STUDIES" tab for more information on the studies of Dead Sea Salt for Psoriasis.
It is very important to consider mineral content when purchasing Dead Sea salt. Many of the Dead Sea salts on the market today have been processed, mineral depleted, or blended with another salt to produce a product that is low in mineral content. Minera® brand Dead Sea Salts are imported directly from the southern region of the Dead Sea where purity and mineral content is at its highest. Mineral content is continually tested to ensure you only receive salt with the highest mineral values.
In the Bath Tub – Use for widespread symptoms
Phase 1: Wash body and hair with preferred products before bathing. Simply add 2 - 3lbs (6-8 cups) of salt to a warm running bath, when the salt has dissolved slip in and relax for approximately 20 minutes. Take 3 baths per week for 2 – 4 weeks. Rinse or shower with fresh water after bathing.
Phase 2: After symptoms subside, reduce to a maintenance level. This is different for everyone - try 1 bath per week using the same process as phase 1.
Foot Bath/arm bath – Use for symptoms on the extremities
Phase 1: Use a foot spa, bowl or anything clean and watertight. Fill the bath with warm water. Use approximately 8oz (1.5 cups) of salt per 5 gallons of water. Ensure the salt has dissolved then submerge the affected area in the water for approx. 20mins. Take 3 baths per week for 2 – 4 weeks. Rinse or shower with fresh water after bathing.
Phase 2: After symptoms subside, reduce to a maintenance level. This is different for everyone - try 1 bath per week using the same process as phase 1.
Body Wrap – Use for localized symptoms
Phase 1: Dissolve 8oz of salt in 2 – 3 gallons of warm water, when the salt has fully dissolved saturate a small to medium sized towel with the salted water. Cover the affected area of skin with the towel for 20mins. Repeat 3 times per week for 2 – 4 weeks. Rinse or shower with fresh water after use.
Phase 2: After symptoms subside, reduce to a maintenance level. This is different for everyone - try 1 wrap per week using the same process as phase 1.
The following list details some healing properties of the minerals found in Dead Sea Salt:
Aids sleep and relaxation, promotes quick healing of skin tissue and provides the skin’s surface with anti-allergic elements, essential for cell metabolism.
Soothes skin, relaxes body muscles, and calms nerves.
Important for the correct functioning of the thyroid gland and aids in the body's metabolic exchanges.
A natural disinfectant (constituent of certain vitamins). Known as a powerful detoxifying agent, as it works closely with the liver to rid the body of toxins.
Helps balance moisture in the skin and body, aiding in the reduction of water retention and in the nourishment of cells. Potassium also regulates the nervous system.
An essential mineral, known to strengthen bones and teeth. Also strengthens cell membranes and cleanses pores.
Relieves stiffness and muscle cramps. Sodium is also a powerful detoxifying agent, helping cells retain nourishment and expel waste.
When applied topically zinc is known to boost the immune system. Internally, it is a key factor in enzymatic regulation of cell proliferation.
A series of clinical research studies have been conducted in order to evaluate the effectiveness of Dead Sea salts as treatment for psoriasis. According to several published studies, about 80% - 90% of psoriasis patients visiting the Dead Sea for treatment are either completely cured or significantly improve. Most of us don’t have the time or the money to travel to the Dead Sea, as a result more studies have been conducted to test the effectiveness of Dead Sea salts when used at home. The results indeed show that Dead Sea salts are effective in improving the symptoms of psoriasis – take a look for yourself!
International Journal of Dermatology
A 1999 study published in the International Journal of Dermatology tested one hundred patients with psoriasis who sought treatment in the Dead Sea. 75% of these patients were clear of their condition after four weeks of on-site treatment. Of this group, 68% remained clear (in remission) through 4 months, and 43% were clear after six months.
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
In a 2003 study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, twenty seven patients traveled to the Dead Sea for treatment of plaque psoriasis. The treatment consisted of daily bathing in the Dead Sea and controlled sunlight exposure. 48 percent of the twenty-seven patients were cleared of psoriasis completely and stayed in remission. The other 41 percent demonstrated a positive response to the treatment.
Israel: Dr. Zvi Even Paz
In 1989, Israeli dermatologist Dr. Zvi Even Paz conducted a study to evaluate the effects of Dead Sea Salts on 50 psoriasis patients. It had already been established that bathing in the Dead Sea itself brought relief, but it was not known if the Dead Sea salts would have the same effect when used in different environments (such as a bathtub).
47 of the 50 patients experienced significant relief after soaking in a bath containing Dead Sea salts. The best results came to those who soaked in two pounds of salts (divided into 3 baths) three times a week for six weeks.
Germany: Dr. J. Arndt
Dr. J. Arndt conducted a controlled study involving 50 psoriasis patients, between 14 and 77 years of age. All patients were treated using Dead Sea salts in partial or full baths and were treated with the salts in a controlled way. In a full bath, 2 kgs of the salts were dissolved in a bath at a temperature of 27 C. The partial baths were made with a concentration of about 10%. The baths lasted for 20 minutes and followed by a rinse. The patient remains in a warm, packed condition after the bath to enhance the effect of the salts.
The treatment lasted for 3-4 weeks, with 3-4 baths per week. Within only one week of treatment, symptoms diminished, including itching and scaling joints. Other symptoms such as spread, redness and infiltration continued to decrease. Improvement was steady- after four weeks, patients were clear of all symptoms.
The symptom patients were most concerned about was itching, and they were thrilled to be relieved in less than one week. Sleeping disturbances go hand in hand with the itching and are widespread in psoriasis patients – and sleep also improved in Dr. Arndt’s study.
Both patients and physicians in the study interpreted the drastic decrease in discomfort and scaling within one week.
Healing was complete in 27 patients (54%), and in the other 22 cases, there was vast improvement in their condition. Tolerance to the treatment was excellent in all patients involved in the study, and none of the participants experienced any side effects whatsoever, dermatological or otherwise.