- SEL GRIS - French Grey Sea Salt, or Sel Gris, is favored by gourmet chefs because of its naturally high moisture content, complex briny flavor, and abundance in minerals. French Grey Sea Salt crystallizes on clay in salt evaporation ponds, which gives it it’s unique characteristic color, flavor, and nutrients.
- HAND HARVESTED IN GUÉRANDE FRANCE - Paludiers, or salt workers, in Guérande France harvest French Grey Sea Salt using traditional techniques that are more than a thousand years old. Saltwater from the sea is channeled into shallow marshes and left to evaporate. Once the salt has formed paludiers rake the ponds, collecting the unique crystals formed in the water.
- AN ESSENTIAL INGREDIENT FOR PROFESSIONAL & HOME CHEFS ALIKE – An incredibly versatile salt, our French Grey Sea Salt perfectly complements a variety of foods such as Steak, Roasted Vegetables, Stews, Pies, Salads, and more!
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - San Francisco Salt Company’s French Grey Sea Salt is certified from the Nature & Progrés institute in France, a strict certification process ensuring authenticity, purity, and excellence. The San Francisco Salt Company is confident that you will be happy with the quality of our products and stand behind every single item. San Francisco Salt Company is a trusted supplier of salt since 2002.
*This salt does not supply iodide, a necessary nutrient.
- ORIGIN - France.
- DESCRIPTION - French Grey Sea Salt. Packaged in our U.S.A., GMP certified packaging facility which is 3rd party audited by SCS Global.
- PACKAGING - Various Options.
- GRAIN SIZE - Available in Fine & Coarse Grain.
- PROPERTIES - Our French Grey Sea Salt is Kosher Certified, non-GMO, and does not contain any MSG, Soy, Gluten, Dairy, anti-caking agents, artificial colors, or additives.
- INGREDIENTS - French Grey Sea Salt.
- SHELF LIFE - 10 years.
French Grey Salt is KOSHER CERTIFIED
French Grey Technical Data Sheet